Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Modern Blacksmiths

Proverbs 27:17 has long been a bible source for encouragement to men.  So, I can think of no better verse to base this idea upon.  Ironwerx is the name I have placed on a very simple yet profound idea.  Men sharpening and shaping one another.  

In our modern age, it is not always easy to meet in the woods and fell trees while stripping bears of their hides with bear hands.  I realize that is a horrible pun.  But this new electronic media does allow for us to contact and connect is ways never possible before.  So, I am trying to do just that.   I have to admit a prejudice.  I'm only inviting people I know.  And not all of you will know each other.  Yet, when I reflect upon the people I know and the divergence of wisdom and insight they possess it only seems a good opportunity to bring vitality into the lives of people I appreciate.

So, with that said.  My role, as I see it, is to introduce, facilitate, and spark a community of creative souls that I believe will be a blessing to those that join in.   The process can be both painful and rewarding.   For the iron, must be tempered to become steel.  And that's the idea; modern day blacksmiths enriching the lives of other men.

I hope all will participate.   I hope all will do so in love; even though there can be a variety of ideas and opinions.  My concept is to NOT make this a platform for political ideas; although I would be the first to admit that what we see in the marketplace affects our lives every day.  The implications of ideas carry considerable weight.  Some are to be fought or we loose value as humans.

Well let's see how it goes and where it will take us.  And whatever we do; may we bring strength and courage into the hearts and lives of other men.

No comments: